Thursday, June 8, 2017
Center of Excellence in Wireless and Information Technology (CEWIT) at Stony Brook University
A joint effort by Stony Brook University's Centers of Excellence, Centers for Advanced Technology, Business Incubators and Development Centers, showcases one of the nation's most comprehensive suite of economic development programs and the technological innovations and entrepreneurial advances of the University's burgeoning community of member companies.
The Incubator Company Showcase will feature over 50 company exhibits and displays at the Center of Excellence in Wireless and Information Technology (CEWIT) in Stony Brook University's Research and Development Park, providing ample time for valuable networking and one-on-one conversations with our scope of biotechnology, energy, and information technology companies.
Find out what hundreds of companies have already discovered: Stony Brook University is the place to help your business grow.
Admission: Free and open to all interested parties interested in Stony Brook University incubator companies and the technologies they are both developing and introducing to the marketplace. Please RSVP.
- Valuable Regional Exposure: Connect with diverse entrepreneurs across disciplines and industries.
- Extensive Industry and Academic Participation: Access the leading Stony Brook University research and cutting-edge industry-relevant solutions driving the local, regional, and global innovation economies.
- Untapped Opportunities for Networking and Technology Exchange: Stony Brook University researchers, innovators, and entrepreneurs converge to showcase their products and solutions, build partnerships, and bring cutting-edge technology to the marketplace.
View: 2016 Showcase Program
Getting Here: Center of Excellence in Wireless and Information Technology (CEWIT) Stony Brook University Research and Development Park 1500 Stony Brook Road Stony Brook, NY 11794-6040
Biotechnology: The Center for Biotechnology, The Long Island High Technology Incubator
Energy: The Advanced Energy Center, The Clean Energy Business Incubator Program
Information Technology: The Center of Excellence in Wireless and Information Technology, The Long Island High Technology Incubator, The Business Incubator at Calverton
Through the extensive incubation program offered at the many Economic Development facilities, innovative-driven companies are given the opportunity of intangible benefits of mentorship, advice, expertise, practical training on idea-pitching and fundraising, and templates for successful business practices.
- Office of Economic Development at Stony Brook University
- Advanced Energy Center (AEC), Center of Excellence in Wireless and Information Technology (CEWIT)
- Center for Biotechnology (BioCAT), Center for Advanced Technology on Diagnostic Tools and Sensor Systems (SensorCAT)
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Clean Energy Business Incubator Program (CEBIP)
- Business Incubator at Calverton
- Long Island High Technology Incubator (LIHTI)
- 54 Resident Incubator Companies
- 19 Approved STARTUP NY Companies
- 4 Diverse, State-Certified Incubators
- 150 Specialized Research Facilities
- 450 Industry Partners
- 1 Billion Dollars in financing and revenues
- 19,000 jobs created/retained
- 3,500 projects completed
- 3 NYSTAR Designated Centers for Advanced Technology in Biotechnology, Sensor Systems, and Electric Energy Systems
- 2 NYSTAR Designated Centers of Excellence in Advanced Energy and Wireless and Information Technology
- 2 New York State Tax Incentive Programs Assisting Entrepreneur's: Long Island Innovation Hot Spot and STARTUP NY
Over 450 private and public companies are actively involved in the Office of the Vice President for Economic Development programs. They represent companies at all stages of maturity in the sectors of Information Technology, Healthcare, Energy. Consulting, Law, Finance, Manufacturing, and Biotechnology.
Boasting 872 research faculty members and $211.6 million in research and development expenditures, Stony Brook University a proud member of the Association of American Universities, the invitation-only organization of the 62 best research universities in North America.
The Office of Economic Development at Stony Brook University: 631-216-7600